Thursday, June 5, 2008

Weigh In - 6/4




Its been a while since an "official" weigh in. Over the last month or so I've kept on the Rehab Diet, but with varying levels of intensity. Not surprisingly, my weight has fluctuated up and down (within about a 5 lb range). Overall, a little weight still came off over that time - which motivated me to refocus over the next four weeks before a vacation.

Today's weight: 274

Most encouragingly, I've now lost 30 lbs and reached the 10% threshold. A few significant changes I've noticed over the last three months:
  • My wrist watch fits like a bracelet and my wedding ring no longer cuts off the circulation to my ring finger.
  • I can wrap and cinch a standard bath towel around myself now. No more beach towels to take a shower.
  • I can blow dry my daughter's hair (a hot, humid, half-hour ordeal) without looking like I've run a marathon.
  • Overall, I don't sweat nearly as much as I used too. Despite what Matthew Mcconaughey thinks, I consider this a positive development.
  • I'm down to the last hole in all my belts.
  • I'm down almost 2XL's. 4XL looks like a pup tent on me now, 3XL is nice and roomy, and I'm actually squeezing into 2XL's.
Actually, I went "shopping" in my own closet last week looking for old clothes that I can fit in now. This got me thinking about the subject of my next post – something I call the Potted Plant Theory.

Stay tuned...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow! Keep going, just keep thinking about how good it feels to sweat less, be MUCH more comfortable in warm weather and plus eating better makes food taste better- like fruits and veggies. I didn't like them that much but after losing a lot of weight they taste really good.